Sunday, February 13, 2011

Surgery

We've got surgery on Tuesday. We don't know what time yet, but probably first thing. We will finally be done with cathing and going to a urostomy bag. I have total peace about the decision and am completely fine about moving forward, but I can't help but wonder what life will look like on the other side of surgery this time. We thought surgery to cath that we had last summer would have been our last for a long time, but that didn't work out so here we are again.

We did have the benefit did I just say benefit? of Riley having a colostomy the first 18 months of his life, so we kinda know what to expect. I was really good at getting a good seal with his skin and keeping him from having skin breakdown and getting infections. The ostomy nurse at the hospital said I was better than alot of ostomy nurses she has worked with - not braggin' just sayin'. Anyway, I just wonder what life will look like for Riley. Will he be self conscious? Will it be hard to get clothes to fit? Will he still run and play like he does now? I know it will all work out, but I'm just ready to get to that point. Guess it's just the mama in me! Would ya please pray for us? We leave tomorrow for Atlanta and Riley will be admitted tomorrow afternoon. I plan to post on Facebook after surgery, and then here once we are home. Also, say a special prayer for Tate. He's going with us and he can be quite a high maintenance little handful.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you and your family....and especially Riley. "God, please give Theresa and Chester and Riley peace and comfort. Please be with the surgeons and nurses during the surgery and I pray for a healthy recovery for a special little boy. Amen."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying...and look forward to hearing updates! Love to all of you, Joli

    ReplyDelete