Friday, January 21, 2011

What's Happening

There are many times that I sit here at my computer reading other blogs. Some are friends that I know in real life and some are just "friends" in the blog world, but I often read them and I'm moved. Moved to tears, moved with anger, moved with sympathy...but am I sharing what God is doing in my life? Maybe I'm not sharing because I'm not taking notice. Not noticing that the two children I prayed for and tried to conceive for five years are brilliant and amazing and right here before my eyes. Not noticing that while our youngest wasn't planned and by earthly standards may have been oddly timed yet he is perfectly healthy (and I more than most should recognize the miracle of that). Not noticing that while my husband has been unemployed since October we've been able to buy groceries, gas and other necessities and to pay our bills earlier each month than when he was working. Not noticing all the many blessings in my life every.single.day.

It's so easy to get wrapped up in all that goes on in day to day life and overlook the little things. It 's so easy to get busy doing my "to-do" list and not consider what He wants me to do. I want to know Him in a way that I've never known Him before. I pray He gives me the strength to "press toward the mark" and run this race of life. I've sat on the sidelines far too long and allowed satan to steal my joy, convince me I'm worthless, and tell me I'll never be good enough. I pray that I realize the good and the worth in me is in Christ and He is the giver of True Joy.

I'm not sure what's happening here or where my heart and head are some days, but I know that I know that I am loved by the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the Great I AM! And I need Him so much right now. He's working greatly in my life and I just want to get out of His way.

3 comments:

  1. amen, Amen and AMEN! Love you and your precious family, Teresa! Thank you for being real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Let Him lead you- it will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete